I have lived with my family in Highland Park for over 38 years. I have been married for 43 years and have 3 children and 6 grandchildren. My parents moved with my brothers and I from Mexico City to Los Angeles in 1970, when I was 19 years old. I attended Belmont High School, where I learned to speak English. I worked for Los Angeles Unified School District for over 5 years in the Title I program and the CHAMP program. I then attended LACC for 2 years to study accounting, after which I started my own business. I have been a Businessman for over 30 years. I owned an auto parts and accessory business for over 18 years. Sadly, I had to shut down my business in 1995 due to a sharp spike in rent prices. I am now operating as a notary public, business accounting and financial services.
As a Businessman I am uniquely qualified to represent our communities in the following ways:
- I have enormous experience managing a budget’s.
- I KNOW HOW to delegate effectively and efficiently.
- I KNOW HOW to communicate clearly with state officials, business owners, and community members •
- I KNOW HOW to operate calmly in a competitive atmosphere, and make important decisions under pressure.
- And I know how to sell an idea,
I have real solutions for CD 1 that will guide our communities toward unity and prosperity.
- When I am elected, I plan to provide
Accessible leadership and empowerment for all of us with monthly town hall meetings and website.
- Polls so you can help me decide how best to serve our communities
- Volunteer community cleanups in district 1 to reduce trash and graffiti, make it more family oriented and encourage the building of a strong unified community
- A monthly safety summit meeting for all communities •Expansions of neighborhood watch and police foot patrols